Add bit of more volume in your eyelashes with pure silk lashes.
Material of lash extensions
- Synthetic Silk – standard, natural look,
- Genuine Mink – softest, lightest, and most natural looking lashes available, the ultimate luxury in lashes, worn by celebrities such as Madonna, J-Lo.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions, also known as lash grafting, involves a procedure where individual synthetic, silk or mink lashes are carefully attached one by one onto your natural lashes. It differs to traditional false lashes in that one extension is bonded to one natural lash (not the eyelid skin) resulting in a much more natural look and feel.
How long does it last?
Eyelash extensions generally last up to 4 weeks depending on how well you take care of them as well as the growth cycle of your natural lashes. The health of your natural lashes, your lifestyle, and the thickness and length of the extensions applied will also affect the staying power of your new lashes. A touch up every 2-3 weeks is recommended to keep your lashes looking their best.
How long does the procedure take?
The initial procedure to attach the extensions usually takes 1hour for a full set of eyelash extensions. This includes consultation, cleansing of your lashes, applying the lash extensions, and discussing aftercare. When you return for infills, the process takes around 40 minutes.
What are infills and how often should I get them?
Just like any other hair on your body, eyelashes continuously grow and shed, and we normally lose between 3-5 eyelashes per day. As eyelash extensions are attached to the natural lash, the extensions grow out and fall off with your lashes. Infills are recommended every 2 weeks to remove extensions that have grown out and refill the areas where the lashes have fallen out so that your lashes constantly look fresh and full.
Are eyelash extensions safe and will they damage my natural lashes?
The eyelash extension application is non-invasive and – the extensions are applied using medical grade adhesive and your eyes are closed throughout the process. The extensions are applied to the eyelash and not directly onto the eyelid skin, reducing the risk of any allergic reactions. Having eyelash extensions will not damage your real lashes when applied correctly by a skilled lash stylist, and only one extension is bonded to one natural lash, and lashes attached are a suitable size for the strength of the real lash. To maintain the health of your natural lashes, it is important to treat the eyelash extensions with care and ensure they are not pulled out. The lashes with the extensions attached will shed naturally over a period of 6 weeks and re-generate.
What if my natural lashes are blonde?
If you have fair lashes, it is advised you get a lash print prior to the eyelash extension application, a Lash Tint can be added for only $15 extra.
What do I need to do in preparation for an eyelash extension appointment?
Please ensure ALL eye makeup is removed before you arrive for the application with an oil free cleanser. It is a good idea to shower before the application as you will not be able to get the lashes wet for a few hours.
If you wear contact lenses, they should be removed to prevent any irritation – it is advised you bring a case for your contacts or wear eyeglasses instead
If you have previously received an eye perm treatment, you will need to wait at least 1 months until the extensions can be applied.
How do I look after my eyelash extensions?
- To allow the glue to dry completely, the lashes must not get wet for at least 12hours after the application. During this time you should strictly avoid washing your face, swimming, sweat inducing exercise, and touching your new lashes
- Do not use makeup removers or eye creams that contain oil
- Avoid using cotton balls as the fibres can get caught in the lashes
- Be gentle with your lashes – avoid rubbing your eyes, pulling on your lashes, or sleeping face down
- Do not perm the lashes or use an eyelash curler on your lash extensions
- Wearing mascara is not recommended, but if you choose to wear mascara, please avoid waterproof mascara. We sell the mascara.
- To maintain the look of your extensions, getting infills every 2-3 weeks is recommended
- Using liquid liner is preferred over pencil eyeliners as it is less likely to pull and drag on the lashline and the base of the extensions
- lash comb or clean mascara brush can be used to brush any unruly lashes into place
- The use of eyelash growth serums in conjunction with eyelash extensions is recommended to care for your natural lashes and promote stronger lash growth
Are there any benefits getting eyelash extensions if I already have long lashes?
Clients with naturally long lashes can still benefit from eyelash extensions. Not only can the extensions add length to your already long lashes, they can also add volume to finer lashes, darken fair lashes, and curl naturally straight lashes. Another advantage is not having to bother with applying mascara everyday.
Are there any reasons why I cannot get eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions may not be suitable if:
- You have an eye infection or any kind of eye irritation
- You have recently undergone eye surgery including the LASIK procedure
- You have eye allergies and rub your eyes often
- You have had an eyelash perm within the last month.
- You have very sensitive eyes that are prone to allergic reactions
For a night out, lasts 24 hours!